Wednesday, September 5, 2007

it ain't the heat, it's the stupidty


District Attorney Arthur Branch is expected to rule as early as 11 pm (Central time) today on whether or not he will review the case of the State of Minnesota v. Larry Craig, a U.S. Senator.

Craig, who earlier plead quilty to a need to ''wash the sock" of an undercover police officer in a public restroom in the Minneapolis Airport, has now decided that perhaps he did nothing wrong. Craig, who also earlier decided not to seek counseling for his 'needs', has now decided that it's in the best interest of the country to continue to wash his dirty laundry in public lavoritories - much to the delight of Democrats, comedy-show hosts, and those wishing to deflect attention from the soon-to-be-released SURGE report card.

Branch, viewed by many as a tough but fair prosecutor, has never been known to expend sympathy for those who lack knowledge of either the spirit or the letter of the law and he is also likely to be confused by Sen. Craig's back-pedalling as outlined in 1 September statement:

I have little control over what people choose to believe, but clearly my name is important to me and my family is so very important also. Having said that, to pursue my legal options, as I continue to serve Idaho, would be an unwanted and unfair distraction of my job and for my Senate colleagues. These are serious times of war and of conflict—times that deserve the Senate's and the full nation's attention.
...

Therefore it is with sadness and deep regret that I announce that it is my intent to resign from the Senate, effective September 30. In doing so, I hope to allow a smooth and orderly transition of my loyal staff and for the person appointed to take my place at William E. Borah's desk. I have full confidence that Governor Otter will appoint a successor who will serve Idaho with distinction.



No comments: